[Amps] WINDING TANK COILS ......HELP

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] WINDING TANK COILS ......HELP
From: ni4l@charter.net (NI4L)
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 10:09:40 -0400
Hello all
Ok i have the MFJ 259B with the grid dip attachments
I have wound a couple of tank coils for a amp.
But for the life of me i can't figure out this MFJ thing out the manual
really sucks!
They give you 2 different probes a big and little big for under 20mhz,
little for over.
Maybe i am just doing something wrong here...... I stick the probe into
the center of the coil then adjust for a dip of some sort?
they don't tell you which unit to use on the meter the resestance meter
or what  and  it will go like say 400 then as i roll through the freq
it will start dropping towards 0  i didn't notice any kind of what i
would call a dip
Anybody have any tips on what i am doing wrong. Maybe i am using the
wrong scale? i can flip it to Uf and stick it in the center of the coil
gives a reading that is the same as just holding it in mid air???????
Any help would be appreciated.
Chris

--
NI4L CUSTOM RESONANT DIPOLE
LEGAL LIMIT ++ CUSTOM MADE CENTER FED DIPOLE