[Amps] Henry 2KD Classic

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Henry 2KD Classic
From: ea3in@yahoo.com (Marcel Jorba)
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 23:47:36 -0800 (PST)
Hi,

I now have a Henry 2KD Classic. It seems to be in
perfect state.

I'm a bit disapointed after it delivers only about
600w. I expected to be able to put out about
1100-1200.

On the same AC line, same exciter, my AL80 puts out
850w on CW with no trouble.

Before taking any decission, might be I need to check
somthing else.

What is rare is that the grid current is 100 ma whan
it should be around 200-250 after de manual.

Plate current is unable to exceed 600 ma when keying
it.

There is no much difference between ssb and cw
positions.

Tubes are a àir of new amperex 3500

Is 220V ok? my HV is 2900 when in stby. Is there
anuthubg I can do?

ANy help or comment will be appreciated.

Regards

Marcel, EA3IN