[Amps] 6m

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 6m
From: 2@vc.net (Rich)
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 08:02:08 -0800

No

>It would seem to me that it would be pretty hard to prove that one had used
>excessive power, even if they had the capability.

**  With a calibrated pep wattmeter and a 50-ohm termination, it was
do-able -- provided they could convince me to turn up the mic gain.  The
ultimate fly in the ointment was the FCC trying to explain to a Federal
judge why it was not ok for me run more steam when we were being jammed
by a gaggle of unidentified guys who objected to our topic of
conversation.

--  I know of no case where a Ham was cited for >1500w-pep when he was
not causing interference.

>It would also seem to me that the FCC has better things to do...ie:
>protecting large corporate interests by stopping  the use of non-type
>accepted hand held radios, by volunteers of CAP, SAR groups, etc...

**  chortle