[Amps] Filament Choke Inductance

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Filament Choke Inductance
From: bmaser@tampabay.rr.com (Bob Maser)
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 12:13:06 -0500
Can anyone tell me what inductance do I need in the filament choke for a
3CX3000A7 for 80M.  I built one back in the mid 90's and had to wind one
around 3
ferrite 1/2" rods in order to keep the AC out of the tube(or was it to keep
the RF out of the transformer?).  I have some filament chokes wound made
with 10ga
wire and they measure ±45uh. I guess I could always put 2 of these chokes in
series but they would take up more real estate under the chassis.

BTW, anyone interested in a swap,  my 2 8877's with filament xfmr and
sockets and Teflon chimneys for a 3CX3000A7, socket and xfmr??

Thanks for all the advise on gluing up Silicone sheet into chimneys.

Bob W6TR