[Amps] L networks in Amplifiers

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] L networks in Amplifiers
From: wlfuqu00@uky.edu (Bill Fuqua)
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 12:05:39 -0500
         Sorry for the confusion. I was thinking in a more general
sense  such as amplifiers using
parallel 3-500z or even a 3CX3000A7 that have low output impedances. My
point is that they would
benefit from low Q plate coupling network due to lack of necessity of
tuning amp when changing
frequency on the same band.  The Q is approximately the square root of the
impedance ratio.
     High Q tank circuits only seem to be necessary to reduce harmonic
emissions.

73
Bill wa4lav