Re: [Amps] Chimney Construction

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Chimney Construction
From: W0UN -- John Brosnahan <shr@medinaec.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 09:39:10 -0500
Making silicone rubber chimneys IS an easy task!  When I was at Alpha/Power
I learned the "secret"!

This is quoted from a posting I did back in March on the Amps reflector.
(deja vu all over again)

>The "glue" is silicone RTV and the "secret" is to clamp the joint
>very tightly for 24 hours.  Use strips of plastic or metal on both the
>front and back of the joint and then clamp it with those giant spring-loaded
>clamps. Make a mark on the piece corresponding to the circumference
>and overlap the piece for at least a 1/2 inch.

So the secret (if there is one) is to make the RTV as thin as possible by
clamping pressure and also have a "decent" overlap.  Not too tricky.

73--John   W0UN