Re: [Amps] tubes in parallel

To: "Vic Rosenthal" <vic@rakefet.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] tubes in parallel
From: "kenw2dtc" <kenw2dtc@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 15:45:05 -0500
Hi Vic,
The reason is laziness:  I already have two hand wound plate chokes that are
self resonant at the desired frequency and while they are heavy enough to
handle a single tube with some reserve they would not handle two tubes with
some reserve.
73,
Ken W2DTC

> I want to build a grounded grid amp with two triodes in parallel.
> Would there be a problem if there were two separate sets of plate
> chokes and suppressors and glitch resistors and combined the RF
> output of the tubes by connecting both plate coupling caps to a
> common point at the entrance to the pi-network?

Probably not, but the really interesting question is "why?"

Vic K2VCO