[Amps] Yaesu YS60 Meter

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Yaesu YS60 Meter
From: "Gene Bigham" <jbigham2@kc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 13:07:37 -0600
Well thought I would throw this out here.  I have a Yaesu YS60 power meter that
due to an antenna malfunction and a Henry 2K Classic X smoked.  Disassembly
reveals that one side of the pick up circuit has a split ferrite core, burned
resistors and badly heated circuit trace.  One of two possibilities?  Since the
parts are not available so I am told.  Does someone have a similar meter in
similar condition that could use a good ferrite choke and associated parts from
this one?  Or does someone have the parts to contribute to the resurrection of
this meter?  Either way is fine with me, just cannot bring myself to throw the
&^%$ thing away.  All other components are fine in the unit and it worked
fairly well up to 2 kW level when it went up in smoke!
Gene Bigham  KB0GU