Re: [Amps] sb-220 on 17 meters

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] sb-220 on 17 meters
From: Jan Erik Holm <sm2ekm@telia.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 17:39:14 +0100

peter wrote:
I recently aquired a sb-220.  When I try to tune up the amp on 17 meters
using the 15 meter band switch I get only 300 watts out and both tubes
really are working hard.  I get 1kw out on 15 meters and 20 meters.  Is
my plate choke resonating about 18 mhz ?

No, not if it´s the original Heath choke. However if I don´t remember wrong I have the band switch in the 20m position when I use it on 17m, you might just check it out. No problem to get 1 kW out on all the WARC bands.

Any help would be appreciated.
Peter
KC0NYG

73 SM2EKM