Re: [Amps] Chimney material

To: amps@contesting.com, wd7s@att.net
Subject: Re: [Amps] Chimney material
From: W0UN -- John Brosnahan <shr@swtexas.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 06:47:37 -0600
I have always considered McMaster-Carr to be a "convenience
store" operation.  They had everything but their prices were high.
And I have considered MSC (old Manhattan Supply) to be a
lower cost supplier.

Imagine my surprise when I discovered that the prices reflect
just the opposite.

36x36 inch 1/8 inch thick sheet of red silicone rubber is priced--
MSC     $139
McMaster-Carr  $123.85

I am working on another vendor--who doesn't publish prices
on the internet.  But this third vendor was the vendor we used at
Alpha/Power and I would like to think that we had shopped
around for the best price.  I'll let you know.

--John W0UN

---