Re: [Amps] Choosing a first amp

To: Rob & Terri Sherwood <rob@sherweng.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Choosing a first amp
From: Joe Isabella <n3ji@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 07:55:50 -0800 (PST)
It's interesting that you're getting arcs on your 922s.  Ever since I put in
the mods, I can't
remember a single arc -- ever!!  And I use mine as a "tuner" on a low-band
dipole for the upper
bands.  I run it full bore 10-75m, including 17m without any problems.  I
replaced the bandswitch
(it was torched when I got it), went with RF Parts 3-500ZGs, and installed some
of Richard's mods
-- I haven't gotten to the step-start, QSK & Bias mod, but plan to.  It's been
over a year since
I've done all this, and it's been smooth as silk at 1200 to 1400W, depending on
the band.

One of the things I did was slightly bend the one of the tuning cap's plates in
so if I ever get
an arc, it will hopefully be there instead of the bandswitch.  So far, so good!!

Joe,
N3JI