[Amps] microwave oven reused parts

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] microwave oven reused parts
From: "John T. M. Lyles" <jtml@lanl.gov>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 09:32:54 -0700
The cathode (-) power supply may have a large steel canned capacitor around 1 uF. It is rated for high AC voltage in doubler service, and is usually polypropylene dielectric. If it is rated for few kV, it makes a very nice capacitor for tuned filter power supplies, across the appropiate choke to make a 120 Hz parallel 'trap'.

John
K5PRO

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 21:14:17 -0500, Dan Evans wrote:

I've been given a couple of old microwave ovens I'm planning to salvage for
parts.  Aside from the power transformer, is there any other parts that