[Amps] 3-1000z

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 3-1000z
From: "Gene Bigham" <jbigham2@kc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 11:02:12 -0500
I built what is basically the amplifier out of the Handbook from years ago for
the 3-1000z tube.  That amp was featured several years in the handbook.  My
design varied little from what the handbook called for on the tube box.  The
power supply however, was an updated BC610 power supply.  Using a FT101EE to
drive the amp I got over legal limit power output from a single 3-1000Z tube,
but not anything near 3 KW output.  I would not recommend attempting to get
that level of output power either, even running class C, as it would be well
over the ratings of the tube.  Now a pair of them... that would be a different
story.