[Amps] new member of the group

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] new member of the group
From: CLIVE COLLINS <dartaviation@btopenworld.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 00:23:47 +0100 (BST)
Good evening Gentlemen,
I am a new member located in the United Kingdom on the North Wales Coast with
the call sign GW3WEQ.
As this is my first posting to the group, I offer my apologies if I make any
errors of protocol and ask your indulgence until I get to know how the group
works.

I am looking for information on a power tube with a reference number of CV 6131
that appears to be a triode of robust proportions with an all-glass
construction and a top cap connected Anode.

i also am looking for details of a tube marked only 8020 that is certainly a
rectifier and again of robust construction with a capacity in voltage that I
would anticipate is well past 15 kv.  Any information on either of these tubes
would be most gratefully received.

I have currently for disposal three capacitors rated at 4 microfarads with a
working voltage of 4kv shown on the casing by General Electric of America.
These are brand new and still in makers cartons unopened and waxed sealed for
tropicalisation storage and still with the safety wire on the terminals )on the
one I opened for my own interest.price $35 each plus shipping probably by
surface mail due to weight.
Should you be interested please contact me direct on my e mail address
dartaviation@btopenworld.com there are also some high power tubes for disposal
that are definately surplus to my requirements as I am building a linear with
four 813's in it.
The tubes are triodes with a type number of CV3926 and are of external anode
construction.
These are an equivalent to English Electric Valve Co. BR1165C and according to
the book are rated at about five kilowatts with a filament (heater) voltage of
12.6 volts but at 33 (yes 33 !) amps  The devices are base-less construction
relying on clamp connections for the pins and a finger stock ring for the grid
connection  Anode voltage is given at between four and six kv. Of particular
application in grounded grid form
These are HEAVY and I suggest that they are shipped surface mail not airfreight
unless you are desparate!!
These are ex Rugby Radio (GBR) with low hours.and advised to be in first class
condition but I certainly have no way of testing them.  For a start, where
would I get 12 volts at 33 amps from?
If these are of interest contact me direct.  ($100 each plus freight please)
kindest regards and all good wishes,

Clive GW3WEQ