RE: [BULK] - [Amps] Convert Heathkit SB-220 to 50Mhz

To: "'Manuel \"Teknik forumet\"'" <manuel@limmared.nu>
Subject: RE: [BULK] - [Amps] Convert Heathkit SB-220 to 50Mhz
From: Steve Katz <stevek@jmr.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 11:11:37 -0700
Manuel,

I'd suggest you go ahead and try that, but in my experience, that's a lousy
modification.  It assumes you're sacrificing only the 10m band for 6m, and
leaving the other bands intact, including the bandswitch and its wiring,
with its parasitic reactance.  I've never found that to work efficiently or
in a stable manner on six meters, but you can certainly give it a try.

My SB-220 mods sacrifice the amp for six meter operation only, and I get rid
of the bandswitch altogether.  It's the only way I've found to make it work
with full-time stability and high efficiency (900W output power at 50 MHz).

WB2WIK/6