Re: [Amps] Getting Filament Voltage on an AL-82

To: "Steve Thompson" <g8gsq@ic24.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Getting Filament Voltage on an AL-82
From: "Bill Turner" <dezrat1242@ispwest.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 01:52:56 -0700
Actually, the resistors will affect the reading, but if you have a very high impedance DVM the effect will be small. I prefer to not use resistors so that I could use any voltmeter I have and not have to calculate how far off it would be. Filament voltages are critical; one should strive for as much accuracy as possible. If you choose to use resistors, you should calculate the error introduced so you can compensate for it. Good designers never assume anything.

Feedthrough caps are good if you have them, but as Steve says they may be prone to accidental shorts. Banana jacks are nearly goof-proof.

--
Bill W6WRT

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Thompson" <g8gsq@ic24.net>