Re: [Amps] QB4/1100 linear amp circuit

To: "Owen Wesstrom" <owenwesstrom@hotmail.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] QB4/1100 linear amp circuit
From: "Peter Frenning, OZ1PIF" <oz1pif@privat.dk>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 00:28:36 +0200
3000V on the plate will yield approx. 700W output in GG service with both screen and grid tied to ground, depending on frequency. If you need more gain you can lift the screen to 1-200V that will liven up the the tube considerably.

At 3000V it will draw about 400mA max, at 4000V some 600mA.

If it's an old tube which has been stored for a considerable number of years (very likely), please don't forget to condition the tube before drawing any significant power from it. (Filament only for at least 24hours, and then work up plate Voltage from a few hundred Volts to max over a day or two, biased to draw < 50mA. Let it run at max for another 24 hours before applying drive)

Vy 73 de OZ1PIF, Peter

********** OZ1PIF **************
email: oz1pif(no-spam-filler)@privat.dk
http://home24.inet.tele.dk/oz1pif/