[Amps] RE: RangeMaster E-Bay Sale

To: ka1xo@juno.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] RE: RangeMaster E-Bay Sale
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 18:40:04 +0000
it turns out these people invest in apparently expensive elaborate audio
gear for AM transmitters that operate in the higher portion of the bc band
with 100 mw carriers fed to 108" steel whips. The whips are elevated and the tx
mounts directly under it in a weatherproof box on the mast. I know the range of low power
10 watt carrier stations (class Ds with night-time authorization) is surprisingly good
due to their use of their regular full-size systems but I can't imagine the service area
of 100 mw on a whip will be more than a few blocks. To invest in so much high grade
audio gear for such a thing is bizarre.

rob/k5uj