[Amps] Custom Power Transformers

To: "AMPS" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Custom Power Transformers
From: "Bob Maser" <bmaser@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 22:11:37 -0500
Slightly off the subject for this group but maybe someone has some info I can use. My HRO60 receiver just went silent key and I have traced the problem to the power transformer primary windings. They are showing very low resistance and blow the 2A fuse even when everything is disconnected from the secondaries. No shorts to ground but it got really hot and the fuse blew. Does anyone have a spare? Does anyone know of a custom transformer manufacturer besides Peter Dahl. He wants $165 plus shipping and I'm hoping to find a cheaper source.

Thanks for reading,
Bob W6TR