Re: [Amps] antennas that are 1:1 vswr all over the band

To: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@ispwest.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] antennas that are 1:1 vswr all over the band
From: David Kirkby <david.kirkby@onetel.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 14:34:13 +0000
Bill Turner wrote:

At 12:27 PM 12/23/2004, David Kirkby wrote:

Not what you want I am sure, but here's an interesting exercise for those with some AC theory. The relevance to your question will be apparent to anyone able to get the right answer.

I don't think there is a "right" answer, for two reasons:

1. You have to define what you mean by "resonance"? Is it the frequency where the E/I phase shift is zero or the frequency of maximum impedance?

Well I thought the definition of resonance in an electrical circuit was the frequency at which the phase shift is zero.

2. What are the values of all the components? They all have an effect.

No. You will get the same answer, no matter what value you choose for L and C, as long as R=sqrt(L/C), which is what I stated it had to be. There is no need for me to state L or C - the answer is independent of them, as long as you make R=sqrt(L/C).

If you want to simulate it, rather than analytically determine it, just pick a random value for L, a random value for C, and make R=sqrt(L/C).

David Kirkby, G8WRB