[Amps] RF Choke

To: "AMPS" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] RF Choke
From: "Bob Maser" <bmaser@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 15:34:34 -0500
I have a rather large RF choke.  It measures 5MH on my AADE.  Is this too
much MH for bypassing to ground any DC that might come thru the Pi network
in case of a blocking cap failure?  It has 4 sections and each section
measures 2" in diameter and 5/8" high.  The whole choke is 5" long and is
wound with cloth covered 18 AWG solid copper.  It's a brute, maybe too
large?  I have also thought about using it a  homebrew HyTower vertical to
keep lightning from coming into the shack.

Comments?

Bob  W6TR