Re: [Amps] FW: pi to pi-L o/p matching question

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] FW: pi to pi-L o/p matching question
From: John Irwin <crazytvjohn@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 12:10:33 -0700 (PDT)
In relation to the pinebeetle pi network site

I like and use this site.

There is a lot of stuff out on pi-piL output networks in the way of how to do
it charts and computer programs .
Not so for a pi network for the input of a amplifier.

It is a lot of math to figure it out or you could copy someone Else's data from
a amp article.  But not any more.  The pinebeetle calc will do these quite
easily.

To calculate using "pi calculation", for cathode Z at the  tube  Z=75 , Z in=50
put the 75 in source impedance,the 50 in the load impedance,Q=2, freq=1.8, c
min=0, press calculate
                                results c1=1419pf      L1=5.41        c2=1407pf
These numbers match within a pf or 2 the numbers out of the 23 edition of the
radio handbook by Bill Orr Figure 44 page 14-22
I ran most of the chart figures and all were very close. Other programs I found
on the net and the arrl "match" program could not reproduce the above numbers .
http://www.pinebeetle.net/amplifier_main.html

John kb9tc