Re: [Amps] identify new from used tubes

To: pe1hwo <pe1hwo@zonnet.nl>
Subject: Re: [Amps] identify new from used tubes
From: John Irwin <crazytvjohn@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 12:47:48 -0700 (PDT)
Hi
The 4cs250r is similar to the 4cx250r. A tube that is "new" would not have been
plugged into a tube socket.  It is not "new" if it was.  When tubes are plugged
into a tube socket the socket makes scratches on the tube pins.  Looking at
them thru high magnification would identify the one that was"new".  If the unit
was plugged in then the two units that had the most scratch damage would show
as the two most used pair.

john kb9tc
identify

pe1hwo <pe1hwo@zonnet.nl> wrote:
It usually is indicated with some paint stripe on the radiator.
This paint vanisish with heating. Something like that.
Please tell me John how is it done on the 4CS250R?

73 André pe1hwo