[Amps] Amperex 3-500G

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Amperex 3-500G
From: John E.Cleeve <g3jvc@jcleeve.idps.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 15:01:20 +0100
Good afternoon gentlemen,
Thank you for the response to my plight. I did check the tube socket
bases for signs of heat dissipation, changes of plating colour etc.
but the only signs of any stress is on the tube pin. It is curious, to
me, that the problem has occurred on the same pin, on each tube. I
will examine the springs once again, and maybe fit additional clamps
to ensure that the heater socket/pins remain a tight fit. Sincerely,
John. G3JVC.