[Amps] 3CPX800A7 Not Available (HAROLD B MANDEL)

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 3CPX800A7 Not Available (HAROLD B MANDEL)
From: "Tom Hix" <w4th@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 13:11:57 -0600
Hello all;
Can someone tell me what makes a 3CPX800A7 is so much better than a plain
3cx800a7 tube?
The 3cx800a7 tubes were all the amateur amps had in the way of a 3cx800a7
type tube for many many years before the 3cpx800a7 was introduced, and lets
face it, for all that time the plain 3cx800a7 tubes seemed to work just
fine.....Now everyone seems to only want 3cpx800a7 tubes.....I have a pair
of plain 3cx800a7 tubes I ran in an old Commander amp for 15 years, and when
I pulled them out they were only down about 5% from the new set I put
in.....Don't sound like an inferior product to me.
73
Tom
----- Original Message ----- > Message: 3