[Amps] Help on tuning Henry 2002A & 2004A VHF Amps

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Help on tuning Henry 2002A & 2004A VHF Amps
From: "k9mk@flash.net" <k9mk@flash.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 00:02:46 -0500
    I picked up a couple of these VHF amps in a garage sale, and they
appear to work!

    When I tried to load them up I can't seem to tame the grid current
down, so even though I have read the manuals I'm now convinced I do not
know how to tune a strip line.  I tried to tune it like a Pi but the
start at min or max depth on the loading screw.  Does it tune like a Pi or
Pi-L or other?

    There is one other thing.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to
dampen the mechanical vibrations!  These things hum like a sub-woofer.

Thanks...

73's  Mike K9MK/5