Re: [Amps] Designing the Cleanest Linear with RF Negative Feedback

To: Tom Cathey <K1JJ@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Designing the Cleanest Linear with RF Negative Feedback
From: Vic K2VCO <vic@rakefet.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 12:32:38 -0800
Tom Cathey wrote:

> If a local
> is S9+50 over, even if he is 50db down 5kc away, that is still going to
> cover an S3 DX station. And, if the quality is worse, the window gets pretty
> tough to use.

As a CW operator, I don't have to contend with wide SSB signals.  But a
big problem with strong local signals, both CW and SSB, is phase noise
generated in the low level exciter stages.  I suggest that you buy up
all of the IC706's  and similar rigs in the neighborhood!

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco