Re: [Amps] 240VAC Neon Indicator/Lamp

To: jason.a.dugas@nasa.gov
Subject: Re: [Amps] 240VAC Neon Indicator/Lamp
From: HAROLD B MANDEL <ka1xo@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 14:05:20 -0500
Dear Jason,

Most neon lamps require some sort of series resistor to limit the
current after ignition. Fair Radio has some very neat pilot lamps
you add neon bulbs to and also add correct value series resistors
to.

Do you want the lamp to indicate when it is energized by the DC
secondary of the Anode Supply or when the transformer primary
is energized?

Using any sort of indicator in the DC output line is a no-no, and I hope
you mean monitoring the transformer primary.

You might even use two 120-vac pilots to monitor each side of the
240 vac line with respect to Neutral.

Hal
W4HBM