Re: [Amps] DXpedition Amp Recommendation

To: kdutson@sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: [Amps] DXpedition Amp Recommendation
From: HAROLD B MANDEL <ka1xo@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 09:47:46 -0500
Dear Keith,

Take an Alpha 77Sx if you can find one.

If you're going to work a contest and the key is going to be
down 24/7 then you need something that will hold up
under fire.

You can always adjust the mike gain for 400 watts.

Hal
W4HBM
On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 08:32:23 -0600 "Keith Dutson" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
writes:
> I am looking to take one or two amps on DXpedition to Malta (9H).
> The power
> limit there is 400 watts.  Luggage weight limit is 50 pounds per
> checked
> piece, two pieces per passenger.  There are 8 of us going and our
> radio and
> antenna gear already add up to 10 pieces.  So we can take another 6
> bags for
> a total of 300 pounds.  What amp(s) would you choose?
>
> Thanks in advance for your comments.
>
> 73, Keith NM5G

Harold Mandel
Superintendent of Construction