[Amps] Tranciever amp switching

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Tranciever amp switching
From: "Partain, Chuck" <Chuck_Partain@maxtor.com>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 15:26:55 -0400
Read a LOT of posts thru the searchable archives on t/r switching the amp .
I've been playing with some
circuits (fet driven relay's) that close  the t/r relay on the amp fast and
after ~25ms bring the control grid on the tube
to -60 from -133.(turn on) then when the ptt on the tranciever is dropped
(opens a relay on my 940)  the control grid relay
opens THEN the t/r relay opens~ at a pot adjusted RC time concstant.(I just
r/c'd the fet drive to slowly discharge.

Only problem is....RF is there when the key is hit.

I'm either going to switch it at the amp into the 940 or....leave it manual
switch.

What do other folks/manufacturers do?

thanks.

Chuck Partain