[Amps] Fixing My Henry 2K-3

To: "Amps Group" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Fixing My Henry 2K-3
From: "AA6DX - Mark" <aa6dx@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 15:49:09 -0700
HI .. Had ol' Hank die a couple months back, tubes quit lighting, except for
one had a sorta "end of cigar" look on the filament ... got around to
checking it out a couple days ago. ..  .. making the story short, a "C" clip
had come off of one of the clamps that hold the filament pins ... and
allowed the resulting arcs, etc. to mess up the socket and de-solder the pin
on the tube.   OK .. cleaned that all up, but need to put that  "C"  clamp
back on the socket ...  what's simplest way to get at the bottom of the
socket to do that task?  Bet someone here knows!  I have never seen that
happen before, but it did .. and, since the little clip has no excessive
heat markings, I would guess it came off well before the problem defined
itself at the tube... Hope I described this OK .. in the meantime, back to
QRO with the Alpha 87A in my trust for a couple months!  73--

Mark Nelson  -  AA6DX

mailto: AA6DX@ARRL.NET