Re: [Amps] IM distortion and such

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] IM distortion and such
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 11:51:16 -0400
Gary,

You would think being sued is the worst part. What if a disgruntled customer
reported you to the state license board? You would then have a review about
your engineering license. Here, they beileve the reporter more, and your guilty
to them having to prove yourself innocent. If they pull your license, you can
no longer be an engineer. If one even says that you can do this over a limit,
and they see this, you could sure loose that slip of paper and your stamp.
According to how bad it is, or what all the reporter said to them, it could be
a temporary suspension all the way to a permenant. It's according to what you
can prove. Then, I guess one could find a job as a draftsman or in sales. It's
worse today too. People have gotten law suit crazy, and attorneys don't hold no
punches back if they think there's extra money they can collect. Even if you
fight all this succesfully, how much out of pocket expense did it cost you?
Even though things can be done over the limit, I will har
 dly ever tell someone to do something other than published standards. Heck, if
you tell someone to build something some way, and it doesn't work out, you can
be in trouble for doing engineering without a license! That is if someone is
mad enough to report you. Another thing is if you've designed something to be
used by another manufacturer. They will sue for down time if your product
caused it. That can run into tons of money. The reason I know about this is I
used to have to design and build full scale mock ups or models of our equipment
to be used in court cases. I've heard some of the craziest stories about law
suits that can be heard. It's a shame to say, but today, people will sue you at
the drop of a hat.

Best,

Will