[Amps] grid fuses

To: <noway@nohow.com>, "Amp Reflector" <amps@contesting.com>,"Richard Measures" <r@somis.org>
Subject: [Amps] grid fuses
From: "Lon W. Cottingham" <k5jv@kingwoodcable.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 17:12:31 -0500
Greetings to all,

        I usually stay out of this sort of discussion and am sure that I
will regret these comments.  I may even get kicked off the list (at least
threatened), but, statements/questions like "Why would you fuse a grid?"
make my hair stand on end.  Obviously, the gentlemen who asked this question
dose not repair amps.   This is just about as bad/uninformed as the
gentlemen who advertised for the original anode parasitic suppressors for
the TL-922 with the idea of replacing modern, Lo Q nichrome suppressors,
with the original "parasitic supporters" that came in the amp.  I guess many
of us are as blind and closed minded about amplifier theory as we are about
politics.  We may have to pay $3.00 ++ for gasoline, after all, we did elect
(or did we) an oil man to the White House,  but why pay $200 ++  for a
3-500Z when a 6 cent, 1/4 watt resistor, can/will save them from certain
demise from several very common faults?

    Richard, do not let the nerds get you down.  Keep up the good work.  In
my opinion, the better candidate to be kicked off  the list would be someone
who asks an absolutely foolish question like this,  clearly with the intent
of causing dissention among list members, than a man who truly tries to help
those with lesser understanding of the situation.  Richard, I personally
thank you for all your efforts through many long years to improve the Hobby
by explaining the un-explainable and doing it in a way that stimulates
thought.  Thinking is really not difficult.  Unfortunately, many of us have
simply forgotten how to do it.

73 de K5JV

 Lon W. Cottingham
1110 Golden Bear Ln.
Kingwood, TX 77339

281-358-4207
281-358-4234 FAX
281-795-1335 CELL

P.S. Pease don't forget to vote in the mid-term elections coming up soon.
Forget the Party, vote for the Man/Woman/Person -- what the heck-- the
better candidate.