Re: [Amps] 3CX3000 tuned input calibration

To: bmaser@tampabay.rr.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3CX3000 tuned input calibration
From: "Rick Stealey" <rstealey@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 14:47:36 +0000
Yes you can use a 50 ohm resistor right across the tuned circuit.  I aligned
my input circuit this way, using the values from the K8RA amplifier in QST,
20 years ago.  It called for 4000 pf capacitors in the pi net and 3.31 uh on
160 m.  I checked it with an MFJ259 SWR set.  Most all of the tuned circuits
using his values hit right smack in the band.  On two of the bands I had to
take a turn or two off of the toroids to get the dip in the band.  If you
need more info from the article let me know.  I think it was Sept 1986.

Rick  K2XT