[Amps] Non-inductive Resistors

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Non-inductive Resistors
From: JMLTINC@aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 15:00:42 EST
John,
I would ask this question of Ohmite about their OX/OY  series ceramic
composition resistors.  Last time I asked them by  posting a request on
their WEB site, they got back to me in a couple of  days.  See
www.ohmite.com.

Mike, W1NR
Thanks, Mike. I did that today. Hopefully they  will give me an answer!

Hi John....

You didn't say what power level you were considering but  I see in the
Mouser catalog
that they have Caddok power film resistors  from 15-100 watts. Says they
are good
up to 500 mHz. These look similar  to TO-220 transistors.

73, Roger
Thanks, Roger. I am not sure of the power level  - somewhere < 15W. These are
grid swamping resistors and the actual  resistance value (and therefore power
dissipation) will have to be determined by  experimentation.

I think it's unusual to want/need grid  loading at UHF. Given the
reactances in typical tubes, is 1k going to have  much effect?

At resistances up to 1-200 ohms you can get low inductance  in the
stripline resistors made by RF Power/Anaren, EMC, KDI, Florida Labs  and
suchlike (some of these might be history).

Can you tell us more  about the design?

Steve

Yes Steve. It is a K2RIW amplifier and is used  for ATV. I am trying to
broadband the input to enhance a poor sound sub-carrier.  I am not sure how
much
Right now the amp is swamped with 10K a side. I will try  2K and go down from
there.

Thanks to all who responded. In the old  days, carbon comp was the only game
in town. Today, there are too many new  products, and they have left me behind
on the knowledge game.

My original question  was: