Re: [Amps] Incandescent and tube filaments tspa

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Incandescent and tube filaments tspa
From: Kimberly Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 13:09:34 -0800 (PST)
John, you get to play with some of the *neatest* stuff!

My Dad has some books on vacuum tube design and characteristics.  One is by
Spangenberg and he has two others (can't recall the author). I was reading in
Spangenberg about TT filaments vs oxide cathodes. I didn't see anything about
power cycling, but there was quite a bit in there about optimal operating
temperatures and the ways that oxide cathodes get poisoned. Pretty interesting
stuff.  There was also lots of stuff in there about odd-ball (to me) very
specialized tubes for all sorts of pulse generation and high-speed switching.

I needto ask my Dad if he's willing to let me have those for my library :)

Cheers,

Kim N5OP