Re: [Amps] Getting rid of blower noise - an alternate coolingscheme usin

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Getting rid of blower noise - an alternate coolingscheme using the phase transition of liquid carbon dioxide
From: Ian White GM3SEK <gm3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 16:38:44 +0000
Peter Chadwick wrote:
>If you order your liquid CO2 cylinder with a dip tube, you gte liquid
>CO2 without having to have the cylinder upside down.
>As said, you need to watch the CO2 concentration. We used dip tube CO2
>cylinders at work for cooling ICs in small thermal chambers, and
>started finding that on occasion, we could start getting very dopy
>because the concentration got too high. Working practices got changed
>immediately!

The first symptoms of elevated CO2 levels are panting and feelings of
anxiety. When the victim is sitting in front of the radio, these
symptoms are easily mistaken for pileup fever.

Even in cases leading to complete loss of consciousness, you can never
be 100% certain  of the cause.

--

73 from Ian GM3SEK