Re: [Amps] 30S1

To: <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>, <k7rdx@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 30S1
From: "Gary Smith" <wa6fgi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 09:13:11 -0700
My .02 on this: parts availability, modern tubes, complete ham band
coverage.
I had a 30s1, yes,it is a great amp.  But some of the parts in it have been
nla for many years. Was tempted to rebuild the control circuitry "side"
(have been told that is where the devil in the details are)  of the ghost of
Art Collins, but eh howl from the so-called purists was more than my ears
could stand.
Others may take me to task, but I run an Ameritron AL-800H that runs easy
legal with a sneeze.  Parts have never been needed, comfortable thought that
I might need is a phone cal away.
The ghost of Mr Collins now resides with its previous owner who has no
inclination to sell it..
73's,
Gary...wa6fgi