Re: [Amps] Ameritron amp purchase decision questions

To: <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Ameritron amp purchase decision questions
From: "shack" <noddy1211@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 08:12:19 -0700
The reason I have the AL-1500 is because it takes less than 60 watts of
drive for 1500 watts on most bands, this save running the modern 100
watt exciters flat out.  Your right no one pays 3500 for it, more like
2600. As you mention below it is nice to have the headroom, better to
run the 8877 at less rated max power than run a pair of 3-500's flat
out.