[Amps] Tokyo HL-1.5KFX Yaesu pinout

To: "Amps Amps" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Tokyo HL-1.5KFX Yaesu pinout
From: "Roger" <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 15:31:22 -0400
I recently purchased a Tokyo HL-1.5K solid state 160 through 6 KW amp.  It
comes with band data cables for Icom, Kenwood, and Yaesu. I plan on using it
with both my Icom 756 Pro in here and the little Yaesu 897D out in the shop.
Unfortunately the Yaesu cable is for the large 8 pin DIN connectors on the
FT1000MP and others of the type. Fortunately I have the data cable for the
897D that uses the mini 8 pin DIN connector. Unfortunately it's the serial
cable for CAT operation and I don't want to cut the end off.  Fortunately I
happen to have several Apple printer cables with the mini 8 pin DIN
connector. Unfortunately Tokyo RF-Labs didn't include a pin-out  of the
Yaesu band data socket on the back of the amp.  It works great in the manual
mode.

Soooo... I'm looking for a source for the pinout on the Yaesu band data
socket on the back of the HL-1.5KFX.

I did trace out the supplied cable with the 8 pin DIN to 5 pin DIN
connectors, but that indicates the one data line and +13V would be tied
together and I don't think that's right.

Any directions to a source or the pin-out would be appreciated.

My main antennas are still not operational, but I do hope to be able to get
back to climbing before the end of the summer. My left leg is back to where
I can do two sets of 10 reps at 200# on a leg press on each leg individually
but  I don't have full strength in the foot yet. It's actually good to
climb, but not to 100', spend a couple hours working up there, and then
climb back down.

TIA and 73

Roger (K8RI - EN73)