Re: [Amps] Future Amp Buyer Questions

To: "EP Swynar" <gswynar@durham.net>, <vtnn43e@comcast.net>,"Amps Reflector " <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Future Amp Buyer Questions
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 14:56:53 -0400
My feeling is that any 811A amp is a bad choice for RTTY. The 811A has only
65 Watts dissapation per tube and RTTY is a continuous carrier signal. The
AL-811 is not an overly efficient amp so the maximum safe output would be a
bit over 200W.

You would be far better off getting a used 3-500Z amp such as the SB-220,
TL-922, AL-80A, SB-1000, LK-450, L-75, etc. With 45W of drive any of those
will do a comfortable 450-600W out on RTTY.

Carl
KM1H