Re: [Amps] SB-200 and SB-220 meters

To: Jim Tonne <tonne@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB-200 and SB-220 meters
From: Scott McGrath <mcgrath@fas.harvard.edu>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 13:15:02 -0500
Simple technique

1 - remove the old meter scale from meter

2 - scan into your favorite image editor (photoshop et al)

3 - make appropriate color corrections (Auto Contrast, Auto Levels in
photoshop may also need 'Dust and Scratches' filter)

4 - create a TIFF file of meter scale making sure drawing is at 1:1 ration

5 - Bring to local drafting supply outlet and have them print it on
opaque film this is white and about .050 thick
     you can also do this if you have a commercial grade printer.   i.e,
DesignJet. Epson 2200 etc

6 - Carefully with a X-acto knife cut out meter face and drill screw
holes using old face as a guide

7 - Install on meter movement you now have a shiny new translucent meter
scale which is fade resistant