[Amps] Bird 43 PEP adapter update

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Bird 43 PEP adapter update
From: Radio WC6W <wc6w_amps@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 14:38:11 -0800 (PST)
Bird 43 PEP adapter circuit to be accurate with
modulation frequencies up to 5KHz and added a delayed
release function so that a single dit, or other signal
as brief as 5mS in duration, may be accurately
measured.

  I'll be posting the circuit on my webpage,
eventually... but, I can send a copy direct if anyone
has an immediate need for same.

  And a point of curiosity... Does anyone happen to
know what technique Bird employs to damp their meter
response?   As part of my work, I happened to connect
an undamped microammeter in parallel with the Bird
meter and was surprised to observe that the damping
function was extended to this second indicator.

73 & Good afternoon,
  Marv WC6W

http://wc6w.50webs.com/

*