Re: [Amps] A One Tube Radio

To: "Fuqua, Bill L" <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>,Radio WC6W <wc6w_amps@yahoo.com>,"amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] A One Tube Radio
From: Pat Barthelow <aa6eg@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 12:17:19 -0800

Can you  imagine the tinglies you would feel the first time,  as the Principal
Investigator,  (Dr Zettl) and the grad student who built it.   It was
originally only a demodulator, until Dr Zettl, realized it might perform all
functions, tuning, amplification, and demodulation, and quickly set up a test
in the lab to check his theory.  Play Eric Clapton's   "Layla"  using a small
signal generator across the lab table,  and  listen in the headphones...There
are You tube recordings of the actual Nanotube radio audio delivery.  Mind
Blowing...."Layla" from a nanotube.

I dont know if it is possible, but I am trying to get someone from that team to
present their Nanotube radio at "Radiofest 2008" in Monterey, Feb 23, 24.

BTW, what they do at the UC Berkeley Nanotechnology Labs, is so amazing that
they have HUGE funding from DOD for further research.  They invented the
moniker, "Smart Dust", Google it.

All the best,
Pat Barthelow
aa6eg@hotmail.com