Re: [Amps] Alpha 91b chimney?

To: Juha Rantanen <oh6xx@sral.fi>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 91b chimney?
From: Roger <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 22:39:28 -0500

Juha Rantanen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had to take apart my Alpha 91b and split the chimneys to remove the
> tubes. Don't know if it was needed practice but I did it any way. I
> guess the chimneys are made of silicone rubber, right? What would be a
> recommended glue to fix the chimneys back together?

Silastic RTV (TM). The stinky stuff that can be corrosive when
contained. It makes great butt splices with silicone rubber.  You really
don't need the high temp version, but it is available and the same color
as the chimneys.  I'd use the clear sparingly and just on the mating
surfaces.  Let cure thoroughly before getting near high voltage.  I have
a tube of the high temp stuff, but the drive might make it a bit on the
pricey side.

However, "Aircraft Spruce"
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/mepages/rtv.php has it in small
tubes at a reasonable price.