Re: [Amps] Internal QSK-5

To: <lists@subich.com>,"'amps'" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Internal QSK-5
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 10:16:31 -0600
Thanks, Joe!

I stand corrected, especially after I renewed my memory looking at
the docs I have.

This is an early PIN-5 switch (S/N 0018) and it came with minimal
documentation. Do you know what the difference are between it and the
QSK-5? Is it all the same with upgraded components, of have there
been other changes? If I understand your description correctly, there
must be some difference because you mention there is a "bypass"
function in the QSK-5, which does not exist in the PIN-5. The PIN-5
depends on what had been the T/R relay in the amp for the bypass mode.

There was no internal arc in the amp -- I had a failure out at the
antenna that resulted in a big mismatch that blew the fuse lamps.
Ideally, the fuse lamps protect the rx PIN diodes by blowing before
they do, but it may have been a case of both failing. I'll check. them

73,

Kim Elmore, N5OP