Re: [Amps] SB-220's, 3-500's, some history

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB-220's, 3-500's, some history
From: "KB0NLY" <kb0nly@mchsi.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 18:10:55 -0600
As an avid user of eBay, both buyer and seller, i had to comment on this...

There is a reason why most sellers have made PayPal mandatory, me included.
After they changed the feedback system and cut the fingers off sellers by
removing our ability to leave negative feedback for deadbeat bidders or just
plain jerks most of us put the requirement that you must have a PayPal
account to bid.  This removes nearly all of the deadbeats, it takes only a
few minutes to create a fake account on eBay, but you need valid info to
create a PayPal account, so it keeps nearly all of the deadbeats out.

I will side with Roger in that they pretty much ruined a useful website...
Now that these people can make a fake account and ruin seller's reputations
just for fun it's getting hard to keep sellers with the gear we want on
there.  I see a lot of guys posting ads on QTH that say they are no longer
using eBay, etc.  It used to be you received three NPB's, non-paying bidder
strikes, and you were kicked off eBay.  I see now in the buyer requirements
setting on my auctions that goes as high as 5 now!!  So they are allowing 5
NPB's before kicking someone off??  That's crazy.  Don't even get me started
on the recent experiences i have had with filing NPB's only to get negative
feedback after eBay ruled in my favor, then i had to fight eBay to remove
the feedback that was left.  Why should the buyer be allowed to leave me a
negative when they didn't pay and lost the arbitration and received an NPB??
Rediculous....

73,

Scott, KBØNLY