Re: [Amps] Output Matching Network, Need Advice

To: amps@contesting.com, KB0NLY <kb0nly@mchsi.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Output Matching Network, Need Advice
From: Russ Williams <hrd998cc@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 20:14:28 -0800 (PST)
Try shorting between one or two turns of your tank coil and re-try the
analyzer.  No need to solder, just insert a nut or two between the coil
windings.  I would not remove any more plates from the Tune capacitor; that is
not helping your case at all and may do more harm than good.

I just finished a 6 meter amp and wound up trimming my tank coil from 6 turns
to 3-1/2 before I got a good dip on the analyzer.

Good luck.

Russ