Re: [Amps] SB200 on 6m & my take

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB200 on 6m & my take
From: "KB0NLY" <kb0nly@mchsi.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 13:19:12 -0500
I saw a pair of NOS Cetrons on eBay about two weeks ago, they went for about
$270 for the pair.  I wonder how good they are after sitting on a shelf for
30+ years?  I imagine they might be a bit gassy and should be brought up
slowly to condition them.  From what Glen just emailed the Taylors are
rebranded Chinese tubes now as RF Parts bought the Taylor name.  I didn't
know that so i'm glad he told me that.  However the Taylors are still
visually different internally compared to the other ones they sell on there,
now marked with a PRC on the end of the model name.  Peoples Republic of
China of course.  Hmm, beware of lead??  I heard they had some issues of
leaded glass being used in knick knacks and such now.

73,

Scott