Re: [Amps] item that was for sale good luck shipping

To: Jack Shirley <jcshirle@gmail.com>, amps@contesting.com, Carl <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] item that was for sale good luck shipping
From: Russ Williams <hrd998cc@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 08:59:13 -0700 (PDT)
According to a local utility worker and fellow ham, as recently as a couple of
years ago, the utility routinely dumped their PCB-laden transformer oil on the
ground and a treated it with lime; job done!  The treatment supposedly rendered
it even more harmless.

As an electronics buff as a kid, I kept a jar of Pyranol (drained from old
capacitors) on my work table next to my bed.  I got the stuff on me quite often
during experimentation--that was 35 years ago.

More misinformation spread by those who are wresting more control of our lives
through fear.  Have you heard about global warming??  Ohmygod, we are doomed!
(Sorry for the rant!!!)

Russ